Dubai Driving License Convert your Existing Driving License.
Countries from which citizens can transfer their driving licenses are given below:
France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Kuwait, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Poland, Portugal, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland Finland Qatar, Romania, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, United Kingdom, United States Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey.
You may be eligible to transfer your existing driving license, without having to take a driving test or going to a driving school, if you have a valid driving license from above mentioned countries. You have to be a citizen of the country given above with valid resident status/permission in UAE. This means that former residents from above mentioned countries who may be holding driver licenses are not eligible and you will have to follow new regulations.
Payments and Required Documents
Passport for residents (original & copy) residence permit copy, current driving license (original & copy), translation of driving license (for some countries), consulate letter (for Canadians), 1 passport photo, eye test certificate & AED 360 for transfer fee and opening a driving file. Also required is a no-objection letter from your sponsor or company.
Driving license holders of countries in the above list will require translations or letters from Consulate. These countries include:
- Driving license holders from, Turkey, Greece, Canada, Cyprus, Poland Japan & South Korea will require a translation of their driving license from their respective consulates.
- Canada: letter required from the Canadian Consulate in Dubai to verify that the license is genuine is required, before transferring your license.
Steps to be followed
- Eye test, it can be done at any hospital, optician or clinic. Provide them 2 passport-sized photos and tell them that it is for a driving license. Most of them will not charge for the test, but others may charge small fee for.
- Bring all documents/Papers mentioned above & visit in person to Dubai Traffic Department Driving License Section in Al Ghusais from 7.30 am to 2.30 pm on a working day. Separate Ladies Section is available, where the work is even quicker.
- Fill application form completely in BLOCK Letters and submit all documents to the officer.
- Get signed documents from officer and pay AED 360 to the cashier at the counter.
Submit all documents at Data Entry Counter.
- Your name will be called and your photograph taken.
- Wait a few minutes, you will receive your license by hand.
for Updated information please visit RTA Website