Apply for Standard Visitor visa UK.
Standard Visitor visa UK:
You can apply for a Standard Visitor visa if you want to visit the UK:
- for leisure, for example on holiday or to see your family and friends
- for business, or to take part in sports or creative events
- for another reason, for example to receive private medical treatment
The Standard Visitor visa has replaced the:
- Family Visitor visa
- General Visitor visa
- Child Visitor visa
- Business Visitor visa, including visas for academics, doctors and dentists
- Sports Visitor visa
- Entertainer Visitor visa
- Prospective Entrepreneur visa
- Private Medical Treatment Visitor visa
- Approved Destination Status (ADS) visa
You must always show that:
you’ll leave the UK at the end of your visit
you’re able to support yourself and any dependents for the duration of your trip
you’re able to pay for your return or onward journey and any other costs relating to your visit
you have proof of any business or other activities you want to do in the UK, as allowed by the Visitor Rules.
If you’re applying for a long-term Standard Visitor visa
You must prove that:
you’ll only ever need to come to the UK to visit, for example to go on holiday, see family or attend a meeting
you plan to leave the UK at the end of each visit
You may be given a visa for a shorter period than requested if you do not do this. You will not get a refund of the application fee if you get a shorter visa or your application is refused.
Documents you must provide
When you apply you’ll need to provide a current passport or other valid travel identification.
You need a blank page in your passport for your visa. Your passport should be valid for the whole of your stay in the UK.
You’ll also need to provide a certified translation of any documents that are not in English or Welsh.
You’ll be told how to provide your documents when you apply.
Read the full list of supporting documents you can provide.
You might need to provide additional documents if you’re visiting the UK:
- for private medical treatment
- to apply as an organ donor
- as an academic on sabbatical and want to stay for 12 months
- as a prospective entrepreneur
- to take the Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board (PLAB) test or sit the Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE)
- in transit to a country outside the UK, Ireland, Isle of Man and the Channel Islands
Other information you’ll need
You’ll need to provide the following:
- the dates you’re planning to travel to the UK
- details of where you’ll be staying during your visit
- how much you think your trip will cost
- your current home address and how long you’ve lived there
- your parents’ names and dates of birth
- how much you earn in a year
You might also need:
- details of your travel history for the past 10 years (as shown in your passport)
- your employer’s address and telephone number
- your partner’s name, date of birth, and passport number
- the name and address of anyone paying for your trip
- the name, address and passport number of any family members you have in the UK
- details of any criminal, civil or immigration offenses you have committed
For more Information about Standard Visitor Visa for UK.